Friday, June 26, 2009

Security Alert!

Air travel these days can be a real pain with all those security scan procedures. I know they serve a purpose. I appreciate them. I do want air travel and everything else to be as safe as possible. Nonetheless, those multiple baggage and passenger scans are annoying..with shoes and belts being taken off..making for slow and crowded lines.

What I find super annoying is that list of prohibited items. Yes, explosives should be prohibited. By all means! However, do they really have to confiscate my toiletries? I have a couple of friends who have worked at Toronto's Pearson International Airport, who claimed to have received lots of confiscated freebies from travellers. Expensive perfumes. Little manicure kits. Sealed bottles of shampoo and bodywashes. All kinds of stuff.

Again, I realize that this growing list of prohibited items for hand or carry-on luggage and checked baggage is for the safety of the human race..the list wouldn't be so long if weren't for the haters. Let's give peace a chance. Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment